Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Jungle Night (descriptive composition)

I sit and listen to all the electric sounds in the full moon jungle tonight. It's almost midnight. I lay alone in my bed for almost five years now. There's a need for me to be alone in my cell with my cocaine induced delusions, as the insects play their symphony in the night. Awareness that I'm never alone over comes me. The jungle is mystical draped in pale blue moonlight. I can hear the waves crash on the nearby beach. They roll gently on this night. The air is fresh and cool with a light breeze. The dogs are jingling in the darkness outside as they fend off their itch. An old ceiling fan hums along with the insect orchestra. There is only an ambient laptop glow in my open air bungalow. I type these words into the curious machine using my fingertips to conjur my current now in your future mind. My nose is numb from cheap pure powder flake cocaine. My teeth hurt from grinding them all day. The 2 day high starts its enevitablr crash. I can hear my breathe wease as I lay against two pillows propped against the head board. I exhale an aroma of stale cigarettes and whiskey. My room is a dysfunctional array of scattered tye dyes, cigarette butts, empty plastic coke a cola bottles, and tiny bags once full of blow. The mosquito net howlrts out its purpose as a mosquito lightky bounces into my screen. I hear a consistent crunching beside my bed. I light a candle to investigate. A cat has an unlucky rodent for dinner. This reminds me to take a deep breathe, blow out the candle, turn off this computer and enjoy my moment now on this jungle night.